Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thank you!

Can I just say thank you so much everybody for all of the love and care and kindness and just general amazing-ness you have show me and Donny over the last few weeks? We are overwhelmed by you all.  Thank you.  So many people (some of you I haven't even met in person or seen in years!) have been contacting us to say that you're praying and it just means the world to us.  PRAYER WORKS! God is teaching us a lot of lessons through our infertility/adoption journey - and taking prayer seriously is one of those unexpected lessons.  People are praying and we feel good - we know those two things are related.  It's been a hard week since we found out that our transfer didn't work - but it's been a week that's also been filled with joy and love and peace. So yes, basically I just want to say we are so grateful to God and to you for loving us!

So what's next?
We're not quite sure yet.  The day we got "the" phone call our nurse said that our doctor wants us to wait about a month to let my body re-regulate.  I stopped all my meds cold turkey that Wednesday afternoon (that was fun) and am back to just being a regular ol' person.

I'm trying to take advantage of all the things I couldn't do when I hoped I was pregnant (coffee, rides at Disneyland, coffee, sushi, coffee, etc...) and have also resumed teaching classes at the gym.  My first real workout back after about 3 weeks of "taking it easy" was challenging, to say the least, but putting energy and focus into exercising has been good for my heart too.












This week's schedule of activities has been pretty light, which has been really good for Donny and I to just be together. After our relationship with the Lord, our relationship with each other as husband and wife is what's most important. If it ends up that we're not called to be parents, we still have Christ (which is all we need) and we'll still have each other (which is an awesome bonus) and we're still called to love, serve and put each other's needs before our own.  We don't ever want to lose sight of that in the crazy world of trying to get pregnant/parenting and we feel very grateful that the Lord has made that easier for us right now.
My Valentine's gift to Donny was 12 travel around the world themed stay-home date nights - so in April we went to Italy! Complete with pasta, pizza, gelato, water color painting and sculpting statues (with play dough). 



We have a phone appointment with our doctor tomorrow afternoon, so I'm assuming we'll get a better sense of the schedule after that.  We're sad about the loss of our embryos, but we're also anxious to try again.

One of our snowflakes didn't survive thawing, so that means that three of our children have now entered heaven.  A friend from my Embryo Adoption support group on Facebook sent me a very sweet message. She too has experienced failed pregnancies and I've taken a lot of comfort in her words in the last few days. She said that even though our hearts break at this loss, knowing that my body was a vessel to finally free these frozen lives to go meet Jesus, has been incredibly encouraging. Our embryos were frozen for 12 years before coming to us and who knows how much longer it would have been before they would have been adopted by another family.  So at the very least, we can rest in the knowledge that instead of being unaware in a petri dish - they're in heaven praising God.  What a blessing!

Again, thank you so much! We feel the affects of your prayers and feel so so loved!

I'll post again when we know more.

1 comment :

  1. Continuing to pray for you guys.. You are so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete